All our meat and meat products are made with locally sourced, fresh beef, pork and lamb, guaranteeing a tenderness of flavour that comes only from meat that's been allowed to mature on the bone.
We also have a complete range of delicious and award-winning home made products including pies, puddings and pastries. From haggis to oatmeal and black pudding, specialised cuts and stir fries you're bound to find something on our shelves that takes your fancy.
Batchelor’s Outdoor Bred Pigs
- The Batchelor family have been farming pigs on the East coast of Scotland since the 1990’s.
- Our pigs are born in outdoor arcs in farms across Aberdeenshire where they are free to roam.
- After 5-6 weeks they are brought into large straw bedded courts and fed a cereal diet of which the main ingredients are barley, wheat and soya. The wheat and barley are grown on our Angus farm.
- Our pigs are part of the Freedom Foods scheme which means that they are RSPCA Assured pigs and are also assured by Quality Meat Scotland’s ‘Specially Selected Pork’.
- These schemes focus on the welfare of the pig herd and key features include that the sows are not held in ‘farrowing crates’ when they have given birth. After weaning, the pigs are also free to roam in their straw bedded courts providing natural bedding.
Haggis, Oatmeal, Black Pudding & Pies
Using locally sourced, quality produce our team make a wide variety of pies and pastries including:
- Award-winning Steak and Gravy pies made from local ingredients using a traditional family recipe
- Award-winning Chicken and Gravy pies
- Award-winning Mince Pies
- Award-winning Chicken and White Sauce pies
- Sausage Rolls
- Black Pudding