This dish is made up of chicken breasts, slathered in a rich seasoned tomato sauce topped with mozzarella, finished off by baking in the oven. Bellissimo!
- 4 chicken breasts
- Dried tarragon
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1tbsp of tomato puree
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan add the onions and 3 of the garlic cloves and fry for 5 minutes. Add the tin of tomatoes, tomato puree, the stock and a teaspoon of dried tarragon and cook for about half and hour or until the sauce is well reduced.
- Heat some more oil in a non-stick frying pan and season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and coat with the remaining garlic and some more tarragon. Seal in the frying pan for 2 minutes on each side. Then place in a shallow casserole dish. Pour over the sauce.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the mozzarella and slice thinly, lay over the chicken and season the top with some salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180c for about 45 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with tagliatelle.