Our Italian Chicken recipe brings the best of Italy to your dinner table. This dish is made up of our finest chicken breasts, slathered in a rich seasoned tomato sauce topped with mozzarella, finished off by baking in the oven. Packed full of Italian flavour, this recipe will have the whole family shouting Bellissimo!
- 4 chicken breasts
- Dried tarragon
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1tbsp of tomato puree
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan add the onions and 3 of the garlic cloves and fry for 5 minutes. Add the tin of tomatoes, tomato puree, the stock and a teaspoon of dried tarragon and cook for about half and hour or until the sauce is well reduced.
- Heat some more oil in a non-stick frying pan and season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and coat with the remaining garlic and some more tarragon. Seal in the frying pan for 2 minutes on each side. Then place in a shallow casserole dish. Pour over the sauce.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the mozzarella and slice thinly, lay over the chicken and season the top with some salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180c for about 45 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with tagliatelle.
Voila! Thanks to our Italian Chicken Recipe and your hard work, you can now proudly serve up this incredible Italian dish to your friends and family. Don’t forget to tell them where you got the chicken from!
Need some more inspiration? Check out our other recipes.
Don’t really feel like cooking? Why not visit Longparke Farm where you can sit back, relax and sample the finest Fleming’s meat without having to lift a finger.